Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sticking With It


Since Thursday I've been chugging along, staying with my stamps and scissors. I've worked on three of these at the same time, but I'm disappointed because they just don't have the liveliness of the first three that took much less time.

This week I'll stay with the stamps and continue collage, but I think I'll try another subject. I'll have to cut more stamps before I begin painting. On the new work, I plan to use the collage for the background only. We'll see how that works.

For some reason, this photo will not show up as vibrantly as I see it in my iPhoto program. This is the best I could do.


6 comments:

Mary Anne Cary said...

Hi Deborah,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my work.
I appreciate your input, and want you to know I am intrigued by your refreshing artwork!

Beverly Zajac-Larsen said...

Hi Deborah!
I love how versatile you are! Your work is amazing. I love the people collages. They are so fun!

CHeers,
Bev

CHummelKornell said...

Deborah, Your work is lovely. Don't be hard on yourself. This piece is very nice. I was recently told that I was a perfectionist and that it is hard to live up to our own standards...that's true, perhaps for you too? I enjoy your postings.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mary Anne. I hope you come back. :-)

Thanks, Bev.Your praise makes me feel all warm inside. I have been having fun, you are right.

Hi C Hummel, yes, I'm afraid I'm a perfectionist, also. It's not productive to be hard on oneself.

m1 Designs said...

I find this quite interesting and nice and loose. Nice work!

Donna B. said...

I like your work. Have you heard of Kelli Rae Roberts? Google her, I think you will like her work too.
Looking forward to following your parade of experimentation!