Saturday, April 11, 2009

Scritch, Scratch

I've had some new scratchboard tools and scratchboard just sitting here, obviously unused. The reason they haven't been used is......... guess why? Yeah, you guessed it. I don't know how to use them and I hate to not do well at things.

 
So today, after I had finished those pesky taxes ( no, I haven't paid them yet, but they're not as bad as last year), I got the tools out and dug in. And I think it's looking ok, so far. I also have some inks which I plan to use, so I've scratched off more than I would if it would be just black and white. Does anyone know of an artist who has this type of work posted on a blog?

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

This scratch board is coming along nicely! I have never tried it but I am going to have to find the time to do some experimenting.

I really like your self-portrait. It is a powerful piece and what comes across to me is a lasting impression of your strength, determination and courage. Well done.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Teresa. That means alot.