Sunday, October 26, 2008

Miniatures by Hampton Roads Artists

Well, I just got back from the show and it was fabulous! It was held at the Charles Taylor Art Center in Hampton. There were many intriguing assemblages and mixed media works. I really need to go back and study some of them, because there were so many people there and I'm so short that I couldn't really see some of them. The work was really amazing, even better than I expected. I recognized a lot of names and saw several other artists I know from classes or being members of Blue Skies Gallery. It's really nice to feel like a part of the area artists, kind of like being in a club. This is what I always wanted, to feel like a real artist, even though I've always known I was, deep down inside. Now people recognize me and remember my work, and this was an invitational show, so....cool.

3 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

Sounds like it was an excellent event! It is cool being part of that larger community and when people remember your work, it's a nice feeling. Nice picture!

Anonymous said...

I worked with you once at Blue Skies and noticed your blog on Tracy Helgeson's links. I saw your paintings at the Small Works opening tonight. Good show!

Serena Lewis said...

You certainly look very happy in the pic, Deborah....I'm glad to hear it went so well. :)