Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby Paintings


Every moment I've had to spare this week has been spent painting some work to hang in babies' rooms. This weekend I'm going to visit my sister and her new grandchildren and my nieces who have come home from Iraq and Nicaragua. The babies are cousins, they are really my great niece and great nephew, but I just call them my niece and nephew. They were born a day apart and they aren't even a month old yet. I can't wait to snuggle them. These are the paintings I made for them, and the monkey has a partner piece. These were a struggle for me because I have no imagination for things like this.

4 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

No imagination? I disagree! I was thinking they were rather imaginative...and very cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Paula.

L.Holm said...

They're wonderful. What fun that the babies were born almost at the same time.

Dean Grey said...

These look cute, Deborah!

I like the monkeys the best. Maybe it's because I'm partial to plants but all the green vines in the background just speak to me.

-Dean