Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy, Busy

I'm so excited! I signed up for the Sketchbook Project, and I should be getting my moleskin sketchbook any day now. These things are legendary among the sketchers on the internet, the blogging sketchers, who I talked about the other day. Geez, I have to take a minute to give them credit one more time. The talent there is amazing. If you haven't visited these artists, take a look..........Andrea Joseph, France Bellville,  Carol Gillote, Julie Oakley, Joan Y, and the Urban Sketchers. Of course I've forgotten plenty of talented people. Sorry, sorry, you fantastic artists.


So this is what I've been doing. I really don't know where I'm going here, but it seems to be evolving. We'll see tomorrow. These are also some things I've had going on. None is finished, so there is along way to go. I want to work more intuitively, not so neurotically realistic. Not that I don't like realism, no....I love it. But for me, right now, I have to be looser. 

This has been haunting me for a few weeks. I thought I had the hands going ok, but now they look awkward and I don't know what to do. I've worked upside down and I'm stuck. There will be three dragon flies, and the water needs lots of work. But the green background works well, it looks really cool in person.

3 comments:

Uta said...

The hands look good Deborah. I think maybe you've been looking at them too long. Have another look with fresh eyes because its a lovely piece and you should be proud.

Michelle said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Uta. The painting is wonderful! I love the hands.

Dar Presto said...

The hands, and the painting overall, are awesome. It's a wonderful suspended moment.
Great format choice.