Saturday, March 1, 2008

La Luna


Today I was out there! I was splashing paint all over and having the best time. Well, actually,it didn't even seem like time was passing, I was in another zone, which is how I always feel when I'm creating. I didn't get much work done this week, but I'm going to make up for it this weekend.
I'm almost done with 'Clementines, My Darling'. The other night I had sprayed it with fixitive and I was holding it against my body as I talked to Kim....and then....horror of horrors....I realized the orange from the clementines wasn't fixed at all, but had rubbed all over my shirt and all over the beautiful white cloth in the picture. I almost have it fixed, but it will never be back to what I'd like. Well, we all learn from our mistakes.
So...this morning I woke up and knew I had to paint moths flying to the moon. Don't ask me why! It was completely random, but I've started it. It looks more luminous in person. And do I know what a moth looks like? No! So I did a little research and found one that would show up well in my painting, but when I had it half done I decided I would create my own moth. So there.

No comments: