Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a Great Day!


'Jewel Box' a work in progress

Yesterday I got a huge surprise! Golden Paints sent me three boxes of FREE stuff. It was like Christmas morning! They sent EIGHT GALLONS of mediums and four huge containers of several colors. I'm so excited! I will never in my life use all the gloss and mat gels, but I can sure give it a try. Wasn't that nice of them?
'Cash Box' a wip

Part of my studio


This has been a spectacular day...temperatures in the 70s and beautiful sunshine. I went out on my deck and soaked up some sun and it felt wonderful. Then I went to my most favorite place, my studio. I'm posting a picture of my studio and you can see how the saying 'A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind' applies to my creative environment. I know where things are even if no one else does.
Today I worked on three acrylics and I think I'm getting the feel for the medium, especially mixing colors. And I'm also getting close to what I have in mind for my subjects. Well, that's just it. There really is no subject, in the classical sense. I'm painting ideas. So let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was downtown Hampton tonight and saw your magnificent artwork from the window of Blue Skies. I know that artist!!! How fabulous is her work and how cool am I that I just know her! Love you and your talents! Kim