Saturday, February 2, 2008

Aaarrrggghhh!!


For some reason, my Photoshop Elements program is not importing to the edit program. It's also not letting me open the tutorials, saying there is a problem in a file. Now how can I fix that?? I'm gritting my teeth. So please excuse the uncropped photo of my work. Anyway, this is what I've been working on. This is called 'Jewel Box'. I'm really excited about working with acrylics, but I'm sort of learning my way around with them. Tomorrow I have plans to finish a partner piece to this. I've also been working with pencils on a still life, but it has a new twist. My goal is to eventually get to the point where I can paint realisticaly. If you haven't looked at Karen Jurick's work, look her up. She observes people ( one of my hobbies) and she captures them looking at art in museums, drinking coffee in shops, reading. Her style is loose, but she captures the mood so well.
Perry was so interested in what I was doing today that he jumped right onto a little pile of gloss gel. He was very insulted!

No comments: