Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Slaving Away


Work in progress

WIP
This is just a peek at what I'm working on now. The colors can't be described.

The New Kid
CP
8x10
I started and finished this today.

Man in Alaska
CP
8x10
I must be dense. Why do these pictures keep loading over my text when they were uploaded after my text? Grrrrr. Well, this man was sitting in the sun in Ketchikan and I just had to take his picture. He was actually very sexy....his personality was great. And this is the very first cp I did on pastelbord, well, the first anything I did on the board except for Nicole Caulfield's class on the cruise. Nicole opened my eyes! I couldn't wait to get home and drive all the way to VB to load up on the board and I've been using it ever since. I don't think I'll ever go back to paper.
Actually, when I'm working I lose track of time. I bet that happens to many artists. Today I spent eight hours in my studio and I could stay longer but I got hungry. I kept switching back and forth today...acrylics, then pencil, then acrylics,on and on. I just couldn't work fast enough. I love days like this! I got a nice surprise today. I had applied for excess art materials at Golden (my sister Janice told me about this) and I got an email asking which colors and how much I'd like. Wow! All I have to do is pay shipping. I can't wait to see what they send me. It's supposed to be paint they can't sell for various reasons, like demos, or opened or damaged containers,etc. Exciting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the portrait! Its different doing a portrait on this stuff isn't it?

Love the watercolor/cp pieces too!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nicole. In my book, you're the best!