Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two Little Projects


 I tried a new cane, Pixelated Retro Blend Cane, by Bettina Welker, but instead of her beautiful blend of colors, mine turned out jumbled and not very interesting. Maybe I'll use darker or brighter colors next time, but I know the problem is with my math. I should be able to figure this out, after all I taught math to accelerated fifth graders, for Pete's sake!

This is a chain I made following directions on Polymer Clay Tutor. I used scrap clay and then two colors of Gilder's Paste. Now I have to think of a way to incorporate it into a necklace.

1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Hey, Deb, I think Cindy deserves to be as famous as Welker. No, not all her techniques appeal to me. It's how she GETS THE WORD OUT, and continues to lift PC out of the "plastic kids' putty" rep it still endures in some markets. Just a thought on your Pix Cane: I think Welker's example used "... at least 5 different shades of a colour", along with the black and white, so I'm guessing that's what creates the movement in her cane. Anyway, that's enough from ME, 'cause almost everything I know about colour I picked up from Cindy over the nine months I've been a member at PCT. Love your version of the chain, by the way.