Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall Is Here

It seems like it was just sweltering, hot, and sticky and now, all of a sudden, it's glorious fall....my favorite season. Every afternoon I can hear the high school band practicing and it brings back all those college football games we went to in South Carolina. Good memories.

This is one of the pieces I've made from the Stroppel cane, which went viral last week on Flickr. It's a fun and easy cane, and you can't really tell how it will look until you slice it open.



I've been working real hard on my entry to the Tidewater Artists Miniature Show, which will open October 21 at the Charles Taylor Art Center in Hampton, Virginia. I've entered for the past four or five years and its a fun show with a lot of ingenious entries. Last year I took second in sculpture, so keep your fingers crossed for me this year.



After the show opens I'll reveal all three of my entries for you to see. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Alice Stroppel said...

Doborah, love the pendant. Thanks for giving the SC a try.