Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Little Progress on My Paintings






I'm not a whiner, but I do have to mention there are days when I deal with a lot of pain, and that stops me from painting. Today was ok, let's just say I was uncomfortable, and not much was accomplished. I certainly hope tomorrow is better, because Friday is the due date for these five, unfinished as of now, paintings.

My plan is to paint at least one bird on each, a robin on the green and a blackbird on the red. Hey, I used to live on Blackbird Drive! Errr.....excuse me. That's how my brain works. It's always shouting inappropriate things to me as I'm concentrating on something else.

Ok, back to painting. Please come back to see my progress, and I promise that I'm going to start figurative studies after these are done.



Yes, it's the polymer clay again. I'm trying to keep my hands off right now, but I have plans to use it on canvas, with acrylics. That should be interesting, huh?

4 comments:

Leslie Hawes said...

You can always seduce me with color! These look like they are difficult to ignore.

Anonymous said...

Deb! I love these... I have a friend who does decorative painting furniture and has great success using polymer clay pieces with her painting. Can't wait to see what you do! -Patti Kramer :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I would love to see how you incorporate your polymer clay canes into your paintings. Sounds very interesting!

tiny stone said...

Very artistic blog. Thanks for sharing.