Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Clay Play Day


Actually, it wasn't all play. There were some cuss words uttered.

It all started with my abundant self confidence. I just knew I could knock out a few necklaces by dinnertime. Hah! When I finally made something almost decent enough to put in the oven, it burned. cuss cuss So, I started again. cuss cuss But by bedtime I had only half a piece finished cuss cuss and my cats were looking seriously shocked. They have never heard me use that kind of language.

Based on a project by Kim Cavender in the book My Favorite Things in Polymer Clay

This is the only half decent thing I came up with in eight hours yesterday. Don't let anyone ever tell you working with polymer clay is easy. It is fun, though.

6 comments:

Carolina said...

What a 'play day'! But your end result is lovely!
I wanted to wish you have a very nice holiday, and have a great time :)
Best regards,
Carolina

Dean Grey said...

Deborah!

Sometimes you have to mess up before you can get it just right.

Looks and sounds (cuss cuss) to me like you did just that!

Love the "unique" lettering too!

-Dean

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Now you know what not to do...it should be smooth sailing now! ha I like the shape and colors so much!

Unknown said...

Thank you, my friends. I wish you all could have been here with me...then we would have had laughter.
You are right, Dean and BS Dreaming, I have to make mistakes to find the right way.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

Manon said...

Fabulous Deborah! I'd love to play with clay... you did great!
Thank you for your friendship this past year! I hope your holiday season is wonderful!!
manon
xo

Alice Stroppel said...

I feel your pain. Been there before. But your finished piece is great and should encourage you to make more.