Thursday, July 31, 2008


Splat
8x10


Wow! Last night we had thunder and lightening for hours, so I quickly unplugged my new iMac and waited it out, but it was too late to sit here and download photos. So, real fast this morning, because I have to hustle to the grocery store to prepare for guests for dinner.........this is what I practiced on yesterday, and also the new cp piece I've been working on. Actually, my idea about the chairs being the same size won't work out and they will all be different sizes, but I think that will add to the interest of the whole body.

4 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Splat- great title. Love the painting, too!

Melinda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Your splat work is energetic and fun. I read further down on your blog,"I look at a lot of artists' blogs and see lots of art, and most of it is just meaningless. I mean, how many ways can you paint an apple and what does that mean anyway?" and thought you might have been having a down day. We do often ask ourselves, "Why paint and make art, at all?" There are millions of others who do too. I've got an answer that keeps me going--because no one can paint with my signature. When thinking of "how many ways can you paint an apple and what does that mean? I respond...everything. If the image of an apple can make you weep with admiration for technique or expression...well, isn't that reason enough?

Unknown said...

Hi Deborah thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you are enjoying the new iMac and Wacom tablet. Have you tried it yet? I would suggest looking for some books on digital painting to help get you started.
I have one on my Amazon wish list waiting for me to purchase some day. Other than that I get a lot of books from the library. I'll be back. Keep in touch.

Love your style of painting.

Serena Lewis said...

Love the title - Splat - too....I think your practise turned out great!