Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I haven't been posting much, but I have been working on things. In fact, if I had more time there are a gazillion things I'd like to do...or paint. I have a new colored pencil piece which is barely started but I'll show the work in progress so you can see how much difference a day makes. When Felicia was here visiting last week we found a few neat shops where I picked up some old boxes and an old chair. I've taken so many pictures of the chair holding various things and I just can't wait to draw them. So this is the chair holding an old ammunition box ( if I'd realized that I probably wouldn't have bought it, but if you'd been there and seen my bargaining skills you'd understand why I did), a 7up crate, and a paper bag. I'm trying to inject some surprising colors in this. This piece is 16x20 so it's much larger than most of my cp pieces.
Sorry these are switched.
And I've been dabbling with my acrylics again and I think I'm getting somewhere. These avacadoes looked so colorful in the store that I had to have them. This is not complete, either, but it will be soon. I don't want to overwork it. This piece is 8x10.

1 comment:

Bella Sinclair said...

Hi, Deborah. It's nice to see you're back to creating again. Such wonderful and interesting finds! Must have been a fun afternoon shopping with your friend. These pieces look great already, and I can't wait to see them finished!