Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm Back, I'm Back




I know you were wondering where I had gone. Sorry. I've been distracted because my son Adam was here for a few days and we were busy. When my boys visit they try to fix things that need fixing and just generally take care of whatever they can so my life will be a little easier. Adam was here for his first triathlon and I actually parked ( at 6:15am!!) and rolled about a mile to the start of the race. And it was close to 100 degrees. He did so well, I was so proud of him. You couldn't pay me to do that. 

Just after the swim, this is the start of the bike ride.

Yeah! The finish line!

Well, also I've been in a creative thinking slump. I've been trying to work on a sort of secret project, and I've been scritching and scratching at a new  colored pencil work. But! ........I hate it. I just can't get into it. I sit there and work on one little part, then another little part. No cohesiveness. No heart. I think I might give up and put it away until the winter.

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Deborah,

A triathlon in that heat! Wow. What an accomplishment.

So you are not into your latest coloured pencil piece. That's too bad as it looks like you have already spent quite a bit of time on it. I really like the still life you set up for the image. I am always in awe of the things people put together. Maybe I just don't own interesting enough stuff :-) (For example I don't have any gold long sleeved gloves in my closet...)

Maybe it will seem more interesting to you at a later date! Hope the secret project is going well!!

parisa mahmoudi said...

Dear Deborah,

Thanks for your nice comment.
I really love to write more about my illustrations on my post,but it's really hard to change the words in to English for me.So I prefer to more drawing than writing ;)

About my work all of the signs is about peace.The olive plant,the pigeon... .

P.S.you have lovely boys!great.

Best Wishes
Parisa