Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rolling Along

Ilse and I spent the whole day in Portsmouth, checking out galleries and looking at some interesting people. One very nice guy, Earl, agreed to let me photograph him when I explained that I'm an artist and like to draw interesting people. He was great, in fact, and I plan to start his portrait soon. We also saw a lady with a bike and she had a sparkly red cowboy hat, a glove on one hand holding a palette with paint on it, a small guitar or ukelele or something, and socks on but no shoes. Ilse bravely went and asked for permission for me to photograph her and she said no. Hmmph!


You can see my perspective on the world, huh? For those of you who don't know me, I roll around all day in a custom wheelchair. Some days it's a bumpy ride and some days a smooth one, but that's how it is for everyone, isn't it?
We found one lovely gallery where I had to have a bowl I saw. It's very unusual, with a lavender inside and all kinds of little decorations all over. All in all we had a good time and plan to do another day there. There were all kinds of photo ops and we didn't have time.

No comments: