Monday, January 14, 2008

Another New One



My new work is coming along. I think I've learned something from each piece, and what more could I ask for? I was thinking about how far I've come since just a year ago, when I entered my Halloween girl in the members' show at HAL. That was the biggest and scariest thing I'd done up to that point. ( As far going public with my art goes. God knows I've faced far scarier things in my life!) Well, now, just a year later, I've earned honorable mention in a national contest, I've sold several still lifes from Blue Skies,my work was hung at the Phil Rea house, my portrait of my dad was in an internet show, I've had a portrait commission, and I look at my work and see alot of progress. For the next year I plan to continue putting art first and I plan to enter several big competitions, including Artist magazine's and the Colored Pencil Society of America's show. So please keep cheering me on, but be honest. Let me know what you like or don't like.
"Cool Water" and 'Three Apples Again' are not finished yet, but I wanted to reassure you that the colored pencil still reigns. My acrylic still needs layers of glazes and more color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Unknown said...

I love the irridescent ones! They look like so much fun! & have to say theuy would look great hanging up!